SB 1171 REQUIRES TRANSPARENCY FOR CRE AGENTS
The Registry, a Media Partner with BOMA Silicon Valley, published an informative article on the new SB 1171 law effective January 1, 2015. The article, "New Commercial Real Estate Law Aims to Create Transparency", gives an overview of the law which requires "commercial real estate agents and brokers to provide clients with written disclosures regarding whom the agents represent, potential conflicts of interest and fiduciary duties."
To read the full article, visit The Registry February 9 online issue.
Property Management Resources
Save Time, Budget Better
Measuring and managing asset performance is more critical than ever, as today´s economy demands that buildings cut operating expenses and operate more efficiently. Turn to the most trusted source of commercial real estate income and expenses data to help you achieve excellence. Here are seven great ways to put BOMA's Experience Exchange Report (EER) to work for you…
- Get a quick picture of market NOI (net operating income)—correlated to occupancy information.
- Export data straight into Excel and create custom charts and graphs, to plug right into your budget documents.
- Use custom queries to make sure that your comparing data that closely matches—size, age, height, submarket, tenancies, building type.
- Compare this year's income and expenses with historical data going back to 2008 for an initial read on overall performance.
- Roll the data up, and look at the major categories in the aggregate, or drill down and see what comprises each major income and expense category for more fine-tuned planning.
- Use the data to help rebid your building service contracts.
- Identify and plan for operating improvements, including capital expenditures and planning.
Can you afford to tackle this budget season without this illuminating tool? Save time, budget better. Purchase the EER now.