Sherie Dunn Memorial Scholarship Program
The Sherie Dunn Memorial scholarship was established in loving memory of our founding president. In October 2016 the BOMA Board of Directors expanded the scholarships to a quarterly program providing paid registration for one of the following each quarter: 1) BOMI class offered for a designation or certificate program anywhere in the USA, 2) A qualifying college level real estate course or 3) A real estate school course to count towards a CA BRE license or license renewal.
|Submission deadline||Response to Applicants|
|March 31, 2017||April 21, 2017|
|June 30, 2017||July 21, 2017|
|September 29, 2017||October 20, 2017|
|December 29, 2017||January 19, 2018|
Who is Eligible?
- Applicant is not required to be a member of BOMA Silicon Valley; however, preference will be given to BOMA Silicon Valley members when awarding scholarships.
- Applicant must be involved with commercial real estate or enrolled in a commercial real estate education program located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- If a person was awarded a scholarship from BOMA SV previously, the individual must show successful completion of the course for which the scholarship was awarded in order to be considered for another scholarship.
How to Apply
- Submit a completed 2017 Scholarship Application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from any of the following:
- Current or past employer
- BOMA Silicon Valley Member.
- Person who has achieved RPA, FMA, or SMA designation.
- Community leader (religious, community project officer or director of non-profit real estate or civic association).
- A professor or college administrator
- If applicable, list the properties / projects that you work on/manage, and the county in which each project is located.
- Submit a brief personal letter describing applicants' financial need, and why applicant requests the scholarship. You must include a course description and timeline that you plan to take the course and a specific dollar amount requested.
- Application may be mailed to BOMA Silicon Valley, 63 Metro Drive, San Jose, CA 95110, faxed to 408-453-7221 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event that the Scholarship Committee receives more than two applications in any quarter, the Committee may ask applicants to participate in an interview process to assist in evaluating the field.
- The final decision will be made at the discretion of the committee.
- Recipients will be acknowledged at the BOMA SV quarterly luncheons and in the newsletter.
- Scholarship will be paid directly to BOMI or school/educational institution on behalf of recipient.
- Applicant must be willing for BOMA to contact employer and/or references regarding verification of submission.
- The Scholarship is for the course tuition only and is exclusive of any and all other fees or costs, including designation enrollment, etc.